Sunday, January 17, 2010

Broken Things = LIFE

January 16, 2010...Nathaniel James entered our world. 6lbs. 4oz, 18.5" long, at 12:45 p.m. our world changed forever. Nathaniel means GIFT OF GOD...James means TO REPLACE ONE THING FOR ANOTHER. God has truly given a gift to "K" and is replacing her pain and trauma with new life, healing, and restoration.


As I peeped through the crack in the door hinges at "K" I realized a few things. One thing I realized is that I am helpless to DO anything. I felt helpless and weak. Then I realized that actually I had the most powerful tool of all...PRAYER. We prayed and declared grace, comfort and God's presence to be with "K" and baby. It was literally 15 minutes and baby Nathaniel had entered our world safe, healthy, and so precious. I also realized that we see in part but God sees the whole picture past, present, and future. I'm amazed at how God deals with each of us where we are in life. God has brought new life in the midst of such pain and death really, He always brings good and turns what the enemy plans for evil. And finally I realized our lives consist of moments...moments in which God is working His purposes and plans for our good. We may not like the moment that we are in but hold on because the moment will change. Praise God it is only the moment that changes not God...He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

No comments: