Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Deceived, Damaged, Disallusioned

Frightened, alone, in pain...kids are drawn to the streets only to find themselves frightened, alone, and in pain all over again. No education, to hope, to future. The only thing in sight is how to escape the current pain and fear. With no self respect, self esteem, self worth...kids willingly cling to whoever or whatever accepts them, "loves" them, and is there even just for the moment.

"J****" and "K*****" are 2 girls who fit this scenario. "J****" we have known for a couple of years now, "K*****" we have just come to know. They are confused on every level. They claim to be "partners" yet the one has a one month old baby and the other is 7 months pregnant by her "regular customer". Clearly at age 16 she is under age but still she is "working" the streets. They are living in a brothel some of the time, the streets the rest of the time.

The two girls have come to us looking for a home, for help, for l
ove. What can we do? I cannot say NO, yet I don't clearly know what YES will look like. We are meeting with them now and decisions are being made as to whether they will come live with us or not. We are laying down very strict rules and guidelines for the girls to follow for their best good. They could start school tomorrow if they choose. They could start a new life now ....if they choose. Please pray for these 4 lives and for us.

Pray that God will send us more staff, a home for street girls, a school building for rugby kids on the streets..........the harvest is so plentiful but the workers are few.....pray that God will see and hear and answer.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi, Teresa! It's me--Carol (Taylor) Remember me??!! I have seen Tish recently at Curves--she has been filling me in alittle about where you are, your knee surgery, and not being able to get home--soo sorry--I was making you "dago chocolate cookies!" I still will!! Let me know what some of your most urgent needs are there--I would be happy to get a few people interested in trying to help!! Love you! (here's my email address= carolsplace9@att.net--let me know what's happening!! Carol